[jhb] Happy New Year

  • From: "Paul Reynolds" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2011 18:09:35 -0000

May I add to the good wishes of a happy new year ahead to all.

Spare a thought for our local air cadets whose new year didn't get off to a
particularly good start...

http://tinyurl.com/3a8nnnl

My younger bother was with Sgt. Steve Dyer when the plumber arrived.  He
innitially said he couldn't turn off the mains stopcock as it was rusted
solid.  My brother questioned why he couldn't cut the pipe and new stopcock.
His reply? "I'll get wet!"

My brother's reply was whell I'm a mechanic and next time you want your van
fixing don't expect any replacement parts fitted we might get dirty.  He got
the message.

Paul