[jhb] Getting too real

  • From: F FISHER <ffisher991@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 16:22:57 +0000 (GMT)

So have I got it right.

For takeoff/climb to cruise

All levers full, (pitch fine and mix rich) then reduce power to set climb rate.

At cruise

Set power, then rpm, then mixture, for eco cruise.

For descent

Set power for descent rate.

For landing

Leave rpm and mix as set for cruise?, or set levers to full ? ie fine pitch and
rich. (I have been setting the levers full on)

Please correct as needed.

Note

I find that FSX planes, do not seem to perform as spec, ie I do not get the
rated speeds and fuel comsumption, dispite numerous tests. In fact, I have been
playing around with the AC config files to get the performance as stated. ( now
got the C172 maxing at 140kts, 70% throttle giving the rated 100 cruise,
hopefully without compromising on the consumption, the B727 needs a bit of work
too, only get 2/3 thirds the stated range). Will have to have a go at the B58
and B350 as well, as the throttle needs to be at 75% min.

Frank F