[jhb] Re: Gen-X AIO?

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 21:25:19 +0000

Hi Phil,

I've run with an AIO setup for years but must admit I've no idea whether it's really improved performance.

Ditto my change to 64bit, where any improvement in performance has been more than offset by FSX hangups.

Gerry Winskill

On 20/01/2015 20:35, Phil Reynolds wrote:
Hi all,

I vaguely remember when the Gen-X scenery first arrived that there was
talk of using an all-in-one (AIO) approach to using the scenery (i.e.
moving all individual area files into a single scenery folder).

Does anyone know, was this ever proven to be an improvement over the
default installations in terms of performance or is the time and effort
in moving all the files and defragging not worth the gain?

Cheers

Phil

---