[jhb] Re: FlightRadar24

  • From: "John Woodside" <fossil@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 14:47:57 -0000

No, it isn't common. Very few light aircraft carry full ADSB so that means
they don't send position data. Quite a few of the smaller private jets fit
in this group too..  That is why you don't see much off airways traffic..

If all aircraft were ADSB equipped the FR24 screens would be saturated.. :)
Just as an example we get about 150/200 flights each day at Ronaldsway but
the only ADSB aircraft are the three Easyjet flights..

John

fossil@xxxxxxx