[jhb] Big Brother

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: JHB Restricted <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 10:49:59 +0000

With my hearing having got to payback condition, after enjoying the sound of Vulcan take offs and the days of unsilenced racing bikes, I find I have to listen to music on iPad and Archos with the volume at max.

I solved the problem by investing in a phone sized amplifier. The down side is having to cope with two devices instead of one.

Thinking the might be a simpler solution available I did a web search for "MP3 for the hard of hearing". It didn't come up with any solutions but did unearth a number of posters asking a question I've often wondered about. That is whether an MP3 player purchased outside the EU would have its max volume left unrestricted. Frighteningly it turned out that all such questions were bumped and no discussion allowed. I hadn't realised these unelected EEC bureaucrats were able to use such undemocratic censorship!