[jhb] Re: Avsim Library update

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 16:12:08 +0100

However, I'm not advising Odense any longer!

Landed at Odense and taxied in OK. Then I suddenly started to get the dreaded ground to stratosphere spikes. That was followed by a warning that the computer was out of memory and FSX disappeared. I was surprised, since the designer says he has used mainly Default objects.

A quick check on the Readme shows it's for FSX SP2 / Acceleration. I don't use Acceleration so could that be part of the problem?

Gerry Winskill

Gerry Winskill wrote:
Meanwhile, On FlightsimCom, there are several FSX airfields that are within striking distance of the UK. Aarhus and Odense are two that I've downloaded and am using.

Gerry Winskill

Paul Reynolds wrote:
On the Avsim Website today...

*Library Update and News*
http://avsim.com/images/common/sep_bar.gif
We are much further behind schedule in getting the file library up and running again than we had anticipated. As you may know from reading the forums, we had to do a considerable amount of manual confirmation of file integrity. What we did not anticipate were non-library related issues, such as the loss of all net connectivity by one of our key team members for a week. All in all, with almost two months from the hack of the AVSIM system, we are as frustrated as you that the library is not back in operation. Be assured however that it will be. We continue to work the issues and please know that we want it back online as bad, if not worse, than you do. We will post as much as we can as soon as we can as our progress allows. Thank you for your patience and continued support. The file library will be back!

Paul