[jhb] Re: Aerosoft Flight Simulator 2012

  • From: "Frank Turley" <frank.turley1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 08:22:52 +0100

I suspect MS generally breaks down its customers into 2 sets, i.e. business users with powerful machines and big budgets, and home users with small machines or Ipods, Playstation etc. with relatively smaller budgets.

Its a bit of a puzzle for them to see where FS fits, and I suspect they have decided that its the latter, and in the future we'll be seeing a dumbed down FS for the console or whatever, and FS as we know it will be no longer, unless another publisher comes along.

Aerosoft have an existing investment in FS as we know it, and would seem to be trying to continue along that track. The problem they face is that the existing system has been built with a lot of hooks on which to hang the add-ons. If they try to do the same and make it compatible with existing add-ons - which I'm sure would be an objective - they could face MS copyright issues. It would be much nicer for all of us if Aerosoft and MS could do a deal, but if MS does produce the console product, it may view the Aerosoft FS as unwanted competition.

Frank T.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Fossil" <fossil@xxxxxxx>