Re: working at a distance from laptop - wireless numpad

  • From: "Gary King" <w4wkz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 16:35:27 -0500

Carol,
I have used a couple of Logitech wireless keyboards.  Note that Logitech ends
with ch not a k, as it was spelled in another message.  I'm not familiar with
their newest keyboards.  My newest one is 5 years old, and the other one is 9
years old.  Both still work fine, and since they can be set to different
channels, they don't interfere when I use them on different computers.  Looking
on their web site, I notice that they also have number pads, but I don't have
any experience with them.

I agree with the other lister that suggested a cordless headset.  In addition
to being able to work further away from her computer, she may not want others
to hear JAWS speech.  You might also check out the Logitech offerings for this
type of headset.

Gary King
w4wkz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx