Re: trouble on the net

  • From: "Nancy Shugart" <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 06:20:22 -0600

Alice,

Thanks for that info.

I hope someone on this list can shed some light on why your computer is taking
so long to load since that is another similarity between our computers.

When I get the page that says that the page cannot be found, I press alt + left
arrow to return to previous page.  Then I click the link again and it almost
always takes me to the correct page.

The weird thing is that I have to first get that error page but once I go
backward then it will allow me to go forward.

Makes no sense to me.

With your XP computer, did you download Service Pack 3?

If not then don't do it.  I'm not hearing good things about that either.

I hear Microsoft tried to put some Vista elements in XP's service pack 3.

Good luck.

Nancy