Re: the "Find" function in MS Word

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 03:53:54 -0800

I've used word for years, although I used Word 2003 only briefly before
returning to Word 2000 because I preferred its simple, navigable Thesaurus
function to the profuse, awkward one in Word 2003.

That said, I think you have the same Search (Find) function as usual in
Word:  Do search for the first instance of a word or phrase, and then to
look for more instances of the same string you press Control F again, and
this time tab to the control Find Next, press enter, and so forth.  That's
the way it's always worked, so far as I know.  I never thought of it in
terms of comparison to IE, but as its own thing.  It's a Word function, not
a Jaws one as in the browser.  If there nonetheless happens to be a single
keystroke for repeating the search, I never thought about it or heard about
it.

Hope that helps for starters, at least.