RE: statement when jaws starts

  • From: "David Truong" <davidtruong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 13:44:21 +1000

HI,

Did you edit the Jaws default dictionary?  If you didn't then it won't work
for every application.  Having said that, this method is the dirty way of
doing what you want.  The actual "JAWS for windows is ready" message is
hard coded into Jaws itself and all you are really doing is trying to guess
exactly how this message is written in and making a dictionary entry for
it.  So if you don't quite get the original message correct in your jaws
dictionary and you haven't saved it in the Jaws default dictionary then it
won't work.

What you really want is a program which allows one to edit the properties
of dll and executable files.  Such programs do exist and allows one to edit
these sorts of hardcoded strings.  You can even change the look and feel of
programs if you know what you are doing.  The program I use is called
Resource Tuner found at:
http://www.heaventools.com

David T.

Email and MS Messenger: davidtruong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx