sapi 5 voices

  • From: STEPHEN FAIL <stephen.fail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 10:14:55 +0100 (BST)

hello list:

this problem has only came to light with in the last 2 weeks. i joined the
accessible friends network and access it through ventrilo, but when i get into
the chat rooms i have found that i am not getting told who is coming and going
within the room. seemingly the tafn uses the sapi 5 voice instead of the
elequence synthesizer with in jfw. also i notice that narrator is not working
at all on my machine which is also directly linked to sapi 5. i was advised to
go and download the sdk 5.1 file from microsoft but it was to no avail. still
no sapi voices. it would seem to me that there is a setting that has maybe been
turned off or a file that is missing between the narrator and tafn programs and
the sapi 5 voices. if anyone has any help or ideas on this matter i would be
grateful to hear from them either on or off list. this is beginning to become a
real pain. i am also contactable on msn messenger if anyone would like to
contact me that way: stephen_faill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thanks in advance for any help. stephen