Re: rooting question

  • From: "Mike & Barbara" <mb69mach1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 18:11:46 -0700

Hi Jenny;

Below is information about what you are looking for.
Routing jaws to PC cursor This is better described as moving the mouse
pointer to the PC cursor position. You achieve this by pressing insert plus
the num pad minus key. Pressing the arrow keys will now move the mouse
pointer around the screen. However importantly you will not be able to
"scroll" the pages you are viewing down.  To do this you must return to PC
cursor.

Routing PC to Jaws This then becomes moving PC cursor to mouse position. You
achieve this by pressing insert plus num pad + Moving the cursor will enable
Jaws to control objects on the screen and for example scroll down a multi
page document or web page.

The final thing is to remember restrictions. Sometime in Jaws or Mouse
pointer mode you do not want to move around the whole  screen but want to
keep within an application or frame. You can toggle these restrictions by
pressing insert plus R. If your jaws cursor does not appear to be going
anywhere you probably need to set unrestricted movement by pressing insert
plus R until you hear unrestricted.

Hope this is not too confusing.

David Griffith