real speak upsetness

  • From: "nicol" <nicoljacobus@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jfw" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 20:24:21 +0200

HI guyhs
I'm extremely upset with freedom scientific! To put it simple, they are not
treating south africans fairly. I'm feeling like crying. I don't know how to
approach them. Please don't be cross with me if I want to blow off a bit of
steam.
Our employer bought us jaws. We are 5 visually impaired people for whom jaws
was purchased. We have an SMA. We bought jaws  when version 6 was released.
When they shipped version8 to us, we have been given an incomplete version
of real speak voices.
I am extremely unhappy about this and so are my visually impaired
colleagues. I can't even e-mail fs about this, as the company  who bought
this on our behalf  is century solutions so only they can deal directly with
fs with regards to purchasing of jaws.
So we contacted century solutions and they said this is the real speak
freedom scientific gave you, full stop.
I feel why are we as south Africans treated so unfairly? Let me proof to you
why we have been sent an incomplete copy of real speak voices.
I was listening to the daisy training materials included with the jaws
package; I was listening to a module where the guy demonstrated all the real
speak voices.
In his demonstration I heard a lot of English voices, both male and female,
brittish, Australian and American voices including jane and Karen.
The real speak we received only  has the Daniel brittish voice and a  couple
of foreign language voices.
When I  installed the real speak on my machine, I  chose custom
installation the second time. the first time when I installed it I  chose
typical, then when   I realize that I only have the daniel english voice
installed, I uninstalled it and  when I installed it the second time I
chose custom and so i arrowed up and down in the tree view and i only found
choices to install the daniel voice and the foreign language voices and so
did my coleagues.  The tree view in the custom installation screen consisted
of 10 items, the Daniel voice plus 9 foreign language voices.
So why this unfairness? Why because we are south africans does freedom
scientific treats us like this?
I simply feel freedom scientific is treating us  partially. Its
discrimination!