Re: need help to close the window pain

  • From: "Adam Daou" <adam.daou@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 19:38:17 -0500

Hi Cathy,
A final thought regarding viruses. Usually, I recommend a Disk Image when
people purchase a new computer. Some vendors do that so that their clients
can rebuild a virus free system prior to re-installing some of their
software. Anti-virus programs know nothing about new viruses. They don't
have a pre-emptive approach yet, they deal with Fait Accompli. Often we have
to wait for a cure, Some people have to pay a lot of money in order to get
rid of a virus. I normally use Ghost from time to time to clone my hard
drive after complete cleanup. It takes 15 to 25 minutes to resurrect a
computer and the cost is $0. A computer technician would have to camp near
the attacked computer for a while in order to reassemble the corrupted
pieces, I mean reinstalling, etc.
Adam