making JFW aware of a synthesizer

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 23:20:12 -0600

I have a friend who recently installed JFW 5.0 and used the automatic install
instead of the guided install. Naturally, JAWS didn't pick up on the fact that
his pc has a Tripple Talk pci card, so he now has just
Eloquence for JFW and apparently the sapi5 voices as well. The question is: is
there a way to tell JFW that the tripple talk pci is there? Or does he have to
uninstall and start over? I know there was a way in the past
to add synthesizers to the list recognized in one's JFW by going into a .ini
file whose name I don't recall and adding certain synthesizer parameters. Is
that still the only way, and if so, what would he add for his
trippletalk and where would he put the lines? Or is there now a way to do a
repair or some such, which would let you add a synthesizer in a more
novice-friendly manner?
Mary