RE: mail merge dialog box

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 10:02:35 -0400

Hi Linda,

This is from one of the Word 2003 e-books I have:

"You can display the Match Fields dialog box in several different ways:
. Click the Match Fields button on the Mail Merge toolbar.
. Click the Match Fields button in the Insert Address Block dialog box.
Match
Fields . Click the Match Fields button in the Greeting Line dialog box.
Tell Word how to match fields by clicking the arrow of the field you
want to match. For example,
if in your database file you have all addresses listed as Address Line
2, but in your Address
List in the merge procedure you want it to be shown as Address Line 1,
you can click the
Address Line 1 arrow (shown in Figure 30-12) and select Address Line 2.
When you select
Address Line 2, Word places in Address Line 1 any data it finds tagged
for Address Line 2.
After you make your matches, click OK to close the dialog box and return
to the document. "

It sounds like there is an arrow next to each of the original fields,
which you must click before you can choose a matching field from the
list.

hth,

Chip

Chip Orange