Re: just a question

  • From: "E.J. Zufelt" <everett@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 12:09:45 -0300

Carlos,

There two important factors to consider when looking at the accessibility of an MP3 player. The first is if the unit itself is accessible. I am not aware of any that are accessible out of the box. However, RockBox.org is a site that offers freeware software to install on certain MP3 players to mae them accessible. The second, and JFW related, issue is, is the software used to transfer music from your computer to the MP3 player accessible with JAWS. I can speak from experience that I have had little success in using iTunes. Most MP3 players, however, will allow you to transfer music in the same way that you would transfer files to a flash drive. I believe that Windows Media Player 10 and 11 also offer a method of transfering music to an MP3 player. I use the iRiver H320 a 20GB harddrive based player, which works fairly well with the RockBox software. You can transfer music like a flash, or external, drive and also through WMP I think. I don't think iRiver makes this model any longer, but they are fairly inexpensive on eBay.

----- Original Message ----- From: <nwa747@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>