RE: jfw copying from hard disk

  • From: "Eric Patterson" <ericp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 12:01:34 -0800

There are 2 ways to copy from one hard drive to another.  You can simply use
Windows Explorer or My Computer to copy the files you want.  I like to use
My Computer because it is more accessible.  To do this, use the following
commands:
1.  Press Windows Key+m to go to the desktop and then locate "My Computer"
by using the arrow keys or pressing the letter M.  Press the enter key and
you will be in a list of all your drives.
2.  Select the hard drive you want to copy from and then press the enter
key.
3.  Select the folder that contains the files you want and press the enter
key again.  You will be in a list of files.
4.  If you are wanting to copy all the files to your backup hard drive,
press the letter A and select all.  However, if you only want to copy
certain files, use the arrow keys to locate the first file you want to copy
and then press shift+down arrow to select multiple files.  You can then
press CTRL+C to copy the selected files to the clipboard.
5.  You will need to get back to the main drive list.  You can do this by
pressing alt+left arrow to go back one level.  Keep pressing alt+left arrow
until you hear the speech say something like "drive c," "desktop," or
"floppy drive icon."
6.  Use the arrow keys or press the letter of the drive you want to copy to.
Press the enter key.
7.  Locate the folder where you want to copy the files to and then press the
enter key again.
8.  Press CTRL+V to paste the selected files from the clipboard.  The other
way to back up files is to use a utility called MS Backup.  If you would
like instructions on how to do this, please write back to me privately and I
will send you the instructions.  I hope this helps.

Eric