RE: jfw and radeon 9200 or 9600

  • From: Chip Orange <COrange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 15:05:07 -0500

This is a really difficult issue to figure out; some of us (like me) have no
problem with an ATI card (I'm using the mobility 7500), while others have a
great deal of problems with the same model.  I don't think it's anything so
simple as updating the driver, or a particular model of card always being ok
or always causing a problem.  I've come to wonder if it's a problem with the
bios in some pcs not working well with jfw and some video cards, but I've
got no real evidence for that.

In any case, the only thing I can think of is to buy your pc from a place
where returns don't cost you anything just in case it doesn't work out.

hth,

Chip