Re: jaws pro on xp home?

  • From: "chris hallsworth" <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 08:56:44 +0100

Window-Eyes and other screen readers can be licensed regardless of Windows edition. Only JAWS has a standard and a pro license. I know this is obvious but the free screen readers will also run on any edition of Windows.

Signed by Chris Hallsworth
-----Original Message----- From: Dorothy Ingram-Gorban
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2010 10:32 PM
To: org, jfw@freelists.
Subject: Re: jaws pro on xp home?

That Is good to remembre Chris, in the past   a company  with  whom I had a
3
year on site warranty,came to visit after a Hd failure when desktop was  a
year old, after they left I couldnot register Jaws again, so a friend at a
distance  said the floppy  disc which 4.5.1 had maybe burnt out,so I got
higher and higher updates of Jaws, which was expensive as I do not get any
help, still not any good eventually someone spotted the company had put on
xp Professional,when i complained they said"people do not normaly complain
if we give them something better!, but it had to come off, some said what
the company did was not lawful but a rnib man who made a rare visit
said"only Jaws wants another slice of your purse, think he meant if it were
window eyes or another screen reader it wouldnot make a jot of difference,
that may all have altered now I am not sure. are you chris? dorothy
----- Original Message ----- From: "chris hallsworth" <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>