Re: jaws nonstop

  • From: Hamid <hhamraz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw list" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 12:16:15 +0430

i think i can guess what your problem is; so please do ehe following to learn more about jaws settings:

1. press insert+6 to open jaws configuration manager.
2. press alt+s to open set options menu
3. there u can select different settings to change e.g. user options, text processing options, verbosity options, etc. for ur case select text processing options.
4. u can find very good options there; tab to "list item".
5. select none there.
6. push the ok button by tabing to it or pressing alt+o.
7. in the jaws configuration manager main page press ctrl+s to save changes.
that's it. there might be a shortcut key for this which i may not remember, but i wanted u to pass through this way to manipulate some otehr options in order to adapt them to your own requirement; e.g. in the text processing options u can view and manipulate other things and at the end for for avoiding inconsistencies u can press escape for not saving the changes... one more thing which i found really useful for me is verbosity options; select the verbosity options just the same procedure above until number 2. then in the verbosity options u may have chosen either beginner or intermediate or advanced. whatever u have chosen or want to choose tab to corressponding option button button for that. press that and then u see a list of different check boxes which u may want jaws to say them or not. i remember i was looking for something like that to enable tool tips saying andd i finally found that there which in that way i learned a lot of other useful things :) there must be also a shortcut key in order to toggle between the 3 different verbosity profiles, which i think i have again forgotten. because i usually use one of the verbosity profiles.
i hope this helps u all especially the beginners.
please also feel free to ask additional questions which i might not be clear enough, and all of us can help each other:)
cheers
Hamid

----- Original Message ----- From: Dorothy Ingram-Gorban