Re: jaws not behaving properly on restart or hibernate mode on laptop

  • From: GlenJan <glenjan42@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 08:54:11 +1000

This is a problem with Windows and hibernation.
It seems to behave a little better in Windows 7 but earlier versions are problematic.
Personally, I don't use it.
 Glen

On 3-Aug-2010 08:13, John Fioravanti wrote:
Hi: I am using jaws 10 on a toshiba laptop with xp pro. Recently I noticed that when I restart the laptop computer or come out of hibernate mode, the cursors (down and up arrows) in jaws are not behaving properly. In otherwords, e.g., when I go to date and time and move down to read the time setting, for instance, it does not read. Also, in word perfect 8, the cursors read a blank, although if I go one character at a time to the left it will read the letter.
Interestingly, when I shut down and turn the computer back on, everything works fine. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. John Fioravanti
-- JFW related links: JFW homepage: http://www.freedomscientific.com/ Scripting mailing list: http://lists.the-jdh.com/listinfo.cgi/scriptography-the-jdh.com JFW List instructions: To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line. Archives located at: //www.freelists.org/archives/jfw Alternative archives located at: http://n2.nabble.com/JAWS-for-Windows-f2145279.html If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the list, or the way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather contact the list owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx