Re: jaws and windows system

  • From: "Gerald Levy" <bwaylimited@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 14:39:50 -0500

The Quick Launch bar has no relevance for JAWS users, and in fact, JAWS does
not even provide a command to access it.  The Quick Launch bar was really
designed for sighted mouse users to enable them to more easily launch their
most frequently used programs without having to perform a lot of navigation.
JAWS users can accomplish the same thing by assigning shortcut keys to launch
their most frequently used programs.  So just find out which applications  your
company has placed in the Quick Launch bar, and create shortcut keys to launch
them. Just locate the desktop icons for these applications, press Alt-Enter to
access the Properties dialog, tab to the Shortcut key box, and assign a
shortcut key combination that's easy to remember, something like
Alt-Control-letter or number. Then create a little memo to yourself listing all
the shortcut keys you have created in case you forget them.