Re: jaws and news aloud.

  • From: "Phyllis Stevens" <catlady1949@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 07:10:24 -0400

okay here's what you do. when you get to the voice tab you will see the
speech synths you have on the computer, but they are closed, so select one
and right arrwo to open it, then you will arrow down to see the individual
voices in that synthe.  You can select to disable any of the voices in that
group, by selecting the voice, tabbing till you hear disable and hitting
enter.  You can also hear what that voice will sound like by tabbing till
you hear test.
you do this procedure with each individual voice. you will select the voice
by highlighting, go to the test by tabbing and if you don't like it, tab to
disable. After you finish with the first synth, you arrow down to the next
one and right arrow to open it, and down arrow to the individual voices, as
you did with the first one.  Once you've done all this, only your favorite
voices will read the news to you.  Hope that was clear.  I love my news
aloud.  I have three synths in mine, via voice, AT&t, and microsoft.  I have
disabled a bunch of microsoft voices, cause I hate the way they sound.  Have
fun with the program.

catlady1949@xxxxxxxxxxx

add me to your MSN:

Catlady1949@xxxxxxxxxxx