java virtual machine

  • From: Dean Martineau <dean92@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 18:04:54 -0700

I am periodically confronted on web pages with the message that in order to
view the page correctly, I need Java Virtual Machine.  When I refuse to
download it, I am bounced out of Internet Explorer, but the page loads just
fine and I can alt-tab back to it and read it well.

It seems to me when I did try to download Java Virtual Machine once that it
isn't so easy to  do nowadays what with battles between Microsoft and Sun.

Is there any advantage or disadvantage in actually downloading it insofar
as the Jaws user is concerned, and if it's worth having, how do you get it?

Dean