identifying the locations downloads will be saved in vista using jaws

  • From: "Michael Malver" <mmalver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 08:33:13 -0600

I just went to download a file from the internet using internet explorer in
vista.  Because I could see the names of the files in the directory which
was selected, I knew where the file was going.

When I back tabbed over to the space which, in xp, would be the "save in"
box, "documents" is what jaws said.  I know the selected directory was not,
in fact, documents.

Is there a reliable way to get the name of the currently selected directory
when the  dialogue comes up to save a file when downloading? I assume this
is the same "save-as" dialogue which appears elsewhere in windows, though
haven't tried to prove it.

Thanks.