RE: formatting

  • From: "David Weddle" <ddweddle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 17:37:09 -0800

Hi, Judith:

Your centering problem is an easy one.  When you select text to be
centered, be sure it does not contain a carriage return.  When a
carriage return is included in the text to be centered, Word will then
carry centering on throughout the entire section or until two carriage
returns are encountered.

If you do end up with the whole document centered, just select the
entire document with ctrl-a and then press ctrl-l to left justify the
selected text.

Your margin problem sounds like you may have been working with a
centered document which may have come about by centering text with a
carriage return in it.  In that case, each line will start at a
different point on the line.

Off the top of my head, I'm not sure about your spacing problem.

Hope this helps.

Take care...
Dave