external hard drives with JAWS

  • From: "Tusing" <ptusing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 15:03:54 -0500

Hi,
If  you read my previous post ,   one will  understand I am  not discussing
hardware but software.
Maxtor    has an 80-gig One touch external  u s b  hard drive for exact back
up purposes or for  installing
everything  onto a  new hard drive--if the  old  hard drive fails.
Has any   one used their   Retrospect Express software with JAWS?
The  unit costs  $180 and   larger sizes are available.
Their technical  people will  help people do scripts for either
1  making an exact copy or  image  or
2 making a different back  up method--which  can  install  "all  data and
programs "  back  onto a new hard drive without having to reinstall
programs.
Assuming--as they say--that  everything can be done via  keyboarding
I would becurious  if  any one has tried this. hardware  but  more
importantly the software with a ruined hard drive.
Contact Numbers:
pre sales tech support for Maxtor   1800 2 M A X T O R
Sales   877 692 3562