Re: copy command & Jaws 10

  • From: Yardbird <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 20:42:39 -0800

Don,

That makes it fail. You're right. It just happens that I seldom use WMP in
the first place, and on the rare occasions when I do happen to have it
running I just never have tried to do any hard drive housekeeping, so to
speak. I exited WMP, shut it down. Now let me see if the effect still
lingers, or whether the copy command speaks again.

Nope. Now if I want to restore speech for those functions, I'll have to exit
Jaws and restart it. No huge deal, but I see now that this can happen. But
you see, it happened all the time to me with the earlier version, not
anything to do with Windows Media Player. It was just what happened to a lot
of people. It would speak copy, cut and paste normally for a while, even
hours, then just quit speaking those functions. And so you'd exit Jaws and
relaunch it. Now, that no longer happens for me in Version 10. Unless I have
the bad luck to have launched WMP, that is! thanks for getting me to
experiment.