RE: can someone explain the jaws running as a service?

  • From: "Wil James" <wil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 21:58:20 -0500

If JAWS is started as a service, it still offers an interface to its
controls.  Try insert+j.  If that brings up the JAWS window, the service has
an interface.  Try insert+f2.  If that brings up the configuration manager,
that service is using an interface.  Try insert+v.  If that brings up the
adjust JAWS verbosity, the service is using an interface.

The exact same thing would happen if you had JAWS as a startup for a system
that had more than one user.

Some of the underlying parts of Windows has no interface.  For example,
kernel32 does not have a way for the user to interface with it.

Does this make JAWS running as a service a bit clearer for you?

--------------------
Do you want to know about new products when they come out? Do you have a
product the blind community would benefit from? Please visit Cutting Edge
Solutions at
http://www.cuttingedgesolutions.biz.

E-mail/MSN:
wil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx