Re: access32 and new ilm

  • From: <ptusing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 22:31:04 -0500

Hi all,
I  do appreciate the JAWS software tremendously but I am really
concernedthat
(1)  few have tested a "throw away hard drive"  by removing the quella and
adding the I LM since who would want to give up their Access 32 and
(2) not enough people have tried doing what you have done *in the lab*.

There are people for whom Access32 is an absolute must and thousands of
peoplestill use it havig bought it from F S in thefirst place.

For the  listening to numbers or the  "graying" of the  population and  any
one with a hearing aid, Access 32 is no luxury; it is a matter of hearing
disability and not optional.

Not to mention issues of reading at rapid speeds where absolute accuracy is
needed.

I am gladthe Decktalk external synthesizer exists but among the groups
listed above, the preference is mainly for Access 32 and after all the
*medium of delivery* of this software is the spoken word. due to nature of
our disability.
I have lost many  keys ghosting  the h ard drive  so I bet ghosting with
quella Leaves the I L M alone on theh ard drive.
What would happen if  one removed the quella  to  ghost a hard drive (since
they say the I L M remains) hence ghosting any hard drive with the quella
would "I  am purely guessing"  might"  create the same mess you are living
with right now--meaning  could  you getthe quella back on after restoring
with ghost and have Access 32 actually work?

I  have  confidence that your contacts with Tech Support and your idea for a
fix can give us the information we need as Freedom Scientific does listen to
consumers as I believe they will/must and maybe 6.1 fixes it.

----- Original Mess