Yahoo Messenger 9: not quite.

  • From: "James Homuth" <james@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 13:03:34 -0500

In the what's new for the final release of JAWS 10, FS mentions it now works
with Yahoo Messenger versions 7, 8, and 9. I can't say much for 7 or 8, but
I get little beyond the basic stuff with 9. At first I thought it might have
been the way they wrote the scripts, but after doing some nosing around, not
so much. Apparently, JAWS 10 isn't even loading the scripts for Yahoo
Messenger. So when calling up the program, it's operating on the default
settings. My question: short of changing the name of every file that's
supposed to be representative of a JAWS script that works with Yahoo
Messenger, is there anything that can be done on this end?

James,
List Admin