RE: XP profiles & Jaws loading

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 11:03:25 -0400

Yes; don't have it start automatically (since that applies to the entire
pc), and place a shortcut for it, or the new  command they give you for
jaws 6 to start it without needing to know the path to the .exe (the
command is "jaws6" without the quotes), in your startup folder.  This
will make it run *after* you login, which means you'll need to use
narrator to login or do it without speech.

Find your startup folder in  your menus and right click it and choose
"open" to get to the folder so you can add this shortcut.

Hth,

Chip

Chip Orange
Database Administrator