Word 2003 and sounds

  • From: Jean Menzies <jemenzies@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 10:56:58 -0700

Okay.  Sorry, but I'm catching up with questions I've been wanting to ask.

Under the Option setting in Word, I want to once again enable Sound
Notification like I had with Word 2000.  When I select this, the program
prompts me that I don't have Sounds installed and directs me to the
Microsoft site to download them.  But when I go to the downloads, it says
something to the effect that the sounds are for Word or Office 2002 or
something.  I forget exactly what the wording is, but it doesn't list 2003.
So I want to know if the sounds will install and work properly with Word
2003.  I have to think they will since the program directs me there, yet it
doesn't list 2003 as one of the versions.

Anyone have a definitive answer?

Jean