RE: Wireless Keyboards

  • From: Chris Cant <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 08:36:08 +0000

Hi there folks,
they now have in production a standard keyboard,Gyration coming soon, was
supposed to be out in January but haven't got mine yet?

Regards

Chris Cant.

At 03:42 21/02/2004, you wrote:
>Hi.
>         It depends what you want. If you're looking for a short-range
>solution (about 25-35 feet), get one of the Logitech or other boards
>available in the mainstream. Make sure the board uses RF (radio frequency),
>rather than IR (infra-red) energy to transmit its signal, and you should be
>able to get one quite easily. There's no need to install the software for
>most of the boards available from computer stores if you don't want it, and
>some people have said that this software doesn't work well with Jaws, so I
>wouldn't recommend installing it.
>         If you need a longer-range solution, Gyration
>         http://www.gyration.com
>         This offers about 140-170 feet (this is my experience, the
>manufacturer says 100 feet). I haven't been able to take it out of range in
>this house. The range is reasonably good. It doesn't come with software at
>all. It does, however, have one drawback, in that you have to use the laptop
>layout on your screen reader. It has no number pad.
>         Aman

         Would  you want to join us in our new friendship group? Are you a
friend who could supply support in access issues live on-line in a voice
chat environment?
Do you need help, would a good friend just make that difference to you?
Then join us
The accessible friends network could just be the place,
To find out more please have a look at our home page
www.tafn.org.uk
read all about the party were putting together this year and what fun we're
going to have over the week-end we're planning!
Chris Cant Chairman of TAFN