RE: Wireless Keyboards

  • From: "Robert A. Bosken" <bosken@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 21:55:12 -0500

Mark:
I am using the Versapoint RF wireless keyboard, even now,  to type this
message.  Do a Google search for the "versapoint RF" wireless keyboard
manufactured by Interlink electronics.  It uses 900MHZ technology -- like
your cordless telephone -- to receive the wireless keyboard from the board
to the PC.  The keyboard has a 150 foot omni-directional range, and works
through walls, floors, etc.
      Simply connect the transmitter unit to your computer with a simple USB
connection, place four double A batteries in the keyboard, and, um, keyboard
away anywhere in your home. . . that's all there is to it.  No possibility
for conflicts with JAWS, since there is no software to install.   When used
in conjunction with a set of wireless headphones, the transmitter for which
should be plugged in to your computer's sound card, you can create the
perfect portable computer for a blind computer user.   The only thing cooler
than these products is my wife --the  lovely lady whom bought them for me.

--- Bob