Re: Windows key and C (JAWS clipboard)

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 09:38:50 -0700

Hi,
This Jaws feature uses the regular Windows clipboard, not another one.  What
it does is allow you to copy more than one item to the clipboard at a time,
rather than each new thing copied displacing the last thing copied.

The purpose is to be able to store a number of copied items, such as words
or paragraphs from a document, onto the clipboard and then be able to paste
them all at once into wherever you have your cursor at the moment.  I think
the pasting is done with the usual Control V.  And if you use the standard
Control C after using Windows C, you'll be asked if you really want to wipe
out the Clipboard's contents by doing so.  Also, there may be a limit as to
how many items you can pile up in the Clipboard this way, but I don't know
about that.  In an analogous feature in Word, the Spike, I think there's a
limit of something like 7 or 9 items that can be accumulated before the next
thing copied to the Spike makes the first thing delete itself.

Someone else can surely say.

Hope that helps.