Re: Windows XP Home/Professional

  • From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 16:43:36 -0700

Ron,

There are no differences between JAWS standard and JAWS Pro. It's just that you
need JAWS Pro to have it work with XP Pro. If you buy a 64-bit version of
Windows you'll need the 64-bit version of JAWS.

And now I'm hearing from Chris that remote access and tandem are not-for-free
add-ons for the JAWS Pro version, so I guess that might be a better
justification for the higher initial price.

Sorry you got scooped up in this Freedom Scientific pricing strategy, but to my
knowledge there's no way around it.

Dave