Urgent Word Help

  • From: Edward Marquette <emarquette@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 02:22:09 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Hello:
In addition to all the excellent suggestions so far, there is one more
possibility, at least.
Are you trying to start Word naked, i.e., without simultaneously opening a
file, or are you, for example, starting Word by clicking, for example, on a
Word file from within Windows Explorer or from the desktop?
If the latter and if the file in question has lots of tables or other complex
Word features, try going into JAWS's verbosity settings (JAWS key plus V).
Turn off just about all the verbosity options.
This is not just a guess.  I've solved Word memory problems numerous times this
way.  By the way, if the above is your problem, strange as it seems, it doesn't
matter how much memory you have.  I've received an "out of memory" error with 1
GB of RAM.
Good luck!