Re: Update driver utility programs that are accessible using JAWS

  • From: "Dave Durber" <d.durber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 16:36:46 -0400

Some of the drivers are for sound and video devices.

Some of the drivers are system drivers, while others are notifications for
updating drivers and support files for my IBM laptop PC.

I have gone to the manufacturers web sites for the various products but, as
fellow listers will have also experienced, a lot of them are to say the least,
difficult to navigate.

I have tried 3 or 4 different driver updating programs, with reasonable
accessibility using access technology but, I always seem to come across a
situation, for example, where a program might prompt you to press the "SCAN"
button, but there is no button on the screen that JAWS can recognize as a
button, to let you know it is there, even using the JAWS cursor.

So, if anyone on the list, knows of an update driver manager program, that is
accessible using JAWS, I would really like to hear about it.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber