RE: Trouble With JAWS 5 & Outlook 2000

  • From: "emarquette" <emarquette@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 18:06:36 -0500

Hello:
I use MS Outlook XP, but I recall Outlook 2000 working the same way.
You have myriad options available to you.
Yes, you should be able to type the email address or contact list name,
and Outlook will auto-fill.  Go to "tools" and "options" and double
check to make sure you have this option checked.
Even JAWS 5.084 works.  If you still have version 4.51, however, I would
try it.  The video bug in 5.0 could be a problem with your specific
video driver.
As far as Outlook is concerned, this functionality should be there if
you have checked all the right boxes.
In a list of messages, where you see (or hear) only the identity of the
sender and the subject, you should be able to hit delete without
opening.
Within a message, press Control plus D to delete.
You can tell Outlook either to open the next message after a Control
Plus D or bring you back to the message list.
You could be confused by the "preview" function in Outlook.  Be sure
that is turned off.  It just confuses.

Ed Marquette
930 West 34th St.
Kansas City, MO 64111