Re: Trouble Posting To This List

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <Adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 22:34:54 -0500

Tom,

You and Don both accurately described the problem, and I'm another lister who experiences it. In my case, messages I send over the course of a few days are never posted, then I go through fairly long phases when all my messages post.

I speculate that it has something to do with the lister's email address. I know some listers who use Comcast have periodic problems, which Comcast at least appears to acknowledge. When I had AT&T as my ISP, I had even more problems, but that was true with a variety of recipients and AT&T never provided assistance. Now my address is truly obscure, but I rarely have the problem any more, and when I do it's almost exclusively with this list. I notice that yours also doesn't appear to be one of the major ISPs, and Donald's ISP is less known to me, though it might be a household name in New Brunswick--I simply don't know.

When I've contacted the moderator in the past, he made an effort to find out the source of the problem, but without success. It seems clear to me that for whatever reason, many messages intended for the list end up in no-man's land. Maybe the real problem is that Freelists simply doesn't have the resources to sift out valid messages from the spam chaff. But in that case, how do our messages ever get through?