Tips to use ABBYY FineReader 9.0 Profesional Edition

  • From: "Lic. Esperanza Villafuerte" <esperanza.villafuerte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blcompusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <blindtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 07:54:48 -0500

Hello listers!
Can somebody tell me if Abby FineReader 9.0 professional Edition is friendly to
ScreenReader' users?  especifically with JAWS 9.0

I am trying to improve my skills using this software.
So, I already read the usersguide, but seems the experience for JAWS users is
really different.

First of all,
 some questions:
1.  What is the main difference between a pdf or pdf-a?
2. how to select between them (pdf or pdf-a) using AbbyFineReader?

3.  pdf-a is the only one result digitalizing with AbbyFineReader?

For unknown  reasons, I can't modify documents in pdf-a format with
AdobeAcrobat8Pro, and most of its editing tools are disabled.

I have an HP GetScann 2400 scanner, OpenBook 7.0, OmniPage15,
AbbyFineReader9.0ProfesionalEdition & AdobeAcrobat8.0Pro. running on this PC.

Why?

I use OpenBook to know quickly which is the contend in a print document
because, both OmniPage & AbbyFineReader are to slow.
Because  OpenBokk doesn't allow me to save the document on a pdf format,  and I
need to proof read it keeping  the exact view, I.d prefer to use
AbbyFineReader to digitalize to pdf format.
I failed using the OCR tool, I couldn't save my proofread work, also I couldn't
read the document before save it to word or to pdf format.

Thanks a lot for any help!
Esperanza