Re: Thesaurus in MS Word 2003

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 11:50:43 -0700

Chris,
I can't give you tips on using the Thesaurus in Word 2003, because I gave up
on it and went back to using Word 2000 for exactly this reason, which is
just fine for me.

However, you're up against the fact that this newer Thesaurus function
consists of a pane, or panes, and can't be navigated with Jaws in the
customary way you've attempted.  I tried to read up on it in Help, where I
didn't have trouble at least finding something, but it was just too
complicated for me to master, and I didn't even want any of the new
functions and links that this thing offers.

However, Francis Daniels has some expertise with this and, if he reads our
messages, may be able to share some of his knowledge with you helpfully.

Good luck.  Francis?  You there?

Daniel