RE: Telnet client

  • From: "Delaunay Christophe" <christophe.delaunay@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 09:23:38 +0200

Hi Ron,

Here, I'm using UTF8-Teraterm Pro which offers connections either
through serial ports like Hyperterminal, or through TCP, (like the
native windows telnet client).

Under TCP, I can establish either telnet connections, (like putty), or
SSH connections, (like OpenSSH).

In fact, if what you are looking for is only SSH connections, may be
OpenSSH fow windows is just what you want. I used it at first and my
braille display was quite responsive to this program.

I prefer TeraTerm now since it offers me a 3in1 replacement for
hyperterminal, telnet and ssh.

For more information about UTF-8 TeraTerm Pro, have a look at
http://ttssh2.sourceforge.jp/.

NOTE: Although this terminal software is accessible with a braille
display, speech is not so responsive inside of it.

HTH, Have a nice day. ChD