Sygate and JFW

  • From: "AB7HW Dick Lee Chrisman" <ab7hw@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 04:57:58 -0700

Hello Group
I had Sygate Firewall installed on my computer (which I down loaded from the
jfwlite.com web page) and Sygate announced that a up grade was available.
I let Sygate up date to the new version, but when I restarted the computer
it said "A serious error happened" and was running after this announcement.
I did not use Enditall and left my Anti Virus on when I let Sygate up date.
I have restored the computer to just before Sygate was removed, the computer
is running.
Error messages continued to appear so I removed Sygate through the "Add and
Remove programs" re started and the system is running faster and no more
error messages.
I liked the JFW friendliness of the Sygate firewall program and would like
to re down load and install it, but am unsure what to do if Sygate again
tells me a up date is available, what have you done if you are running
Sygate?
If you are not using Sygate are you running one of the other Firewall
programs available on the jfwlite web page?  If so which one are you running
and have you had any problems with using JFW?
Dick
I am running a Pentium 4, 2.4 GigHz, 512 Meg RAM, 60 Gig free hard drive
space, Windows XP  and JFW 5.00.844.