Re: Spyware

  • From: "Adam Daou" <adam.daou@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 11:54:28 -0400

Hi Ken,
I've tried all kind of Jaws friendly products and I gave up. Too much
interference from various products when browsing. Right now, I'm using
Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta1. It runs every night at 2 AM. Is it efficient? No
idea, although I can remove or quarantine unwanted but repeated intrusions.
According to a recent study, if you combine the best of the best antivirus,
antispyware, etc, your computer protection will not exceed 60 or 70%. With the
30 to 40% remaining, it's like having intruders invading your home or your
office anytime, anywhere, and no matter what. Linux offers better, stronger and
more reliable protection, but then again, it's still in childhood mood mode,
and we don't participate or push enough to have efficient accessibility. So the
bottom line is, we rushed to this     cyberspace toy like an orphan baby! What
a mess!
Adam