Re: Smart Tags

  • From: "Francis Daniels" <fdaniels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 08:08:47 -0800

The JAWS verbosity options change according to the application you are
using.  If you are in an Office application, you get the smart tags setting.

Interesting though about the verbosity setting for smart tags.  I changed
the setting in verbosity for Word smart tags to be on.  I pressed escape to
cancel the setting, and JAWS said that the application setting was saved,
and when I went back into verbosity settings, it had been changed.  Fun.
huh.

I learned that smart tags affect all Office applications.  If you turn them
off in Word, they are off in Excel and other Office applications.

Although smart tags can be interesting and "useful", I perfer not to use
them.  The posting I sent was to turn off the smart tags in Office and just
not have to bother with them.

Francis