Re: Selecting names from address book,

  • From: Edward Marquette <emarquette@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 05:25:32 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Hello:
Jerry's approach is really an interesting one.  I have not tried it.
I use regular Outlook, not Outlook Express, and I use the Contacts list.  I've
never really understood the difference in Outlook between the Contacts list and
the Address Book.  Our firm has built macros around Contacts.
Nevertheless, if you want to use Outlook and the Contacts list, you can do the
following.
After getting to a blank message screen (Usually, with control-n from the
In-box), one can type Alt plus period to add recipients to the "To" field;
Alt-C to add recipients to the CC field; or Alt-B to the BCC field.
After pressing any one of the key combinations, you will be put in the contacts
list.  Mine is alphabetized by first name.
Type in the first few letters of the first name.  If you get to the first
"Robert" (pick any popular name in your list) you can stop typing.  Then arrow
down to the name you want.  I have nearly 500 people in my contacts, and I
never arrow more than 2 or 3 times.
Sometimes you will see a double entry.  For email, ignore the second entry.
Hit ENTER on the name you want.  Repeat this until everyone is in the list.
You can add, I suppose, an unlimited number of people.  I've never reached the
limit.
Finally, when you're finished, hit shift plus tab 4 times to O.K. and press
ENTER.
You will be on the "Subject" line in your message, and all the email addresses
will have been entered.
This is the bast way I've found for addressing, spontaneously, a grup of email
messages.  Of course, if you'll be sending to the same group over and over,
create a group list in Outlook.
Happy computing.
p.s.
You have to approach things a little differently if you're using Pocket Outlook
on a Pocket PC, Smartphone, or PDA.